Share the love! One love!

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

1000 Smiles 2010 Day 4

Day 3

Holy crap! Has it really only been 3 days? Wowza, so much going on, no wonder I’m tired :D *strike that.. Tina just came in and reminded me that its actually day 4* Today began as any other, meeting in the morning, drive up the mountain, yada yada.. You know, just your normal Tuesday :D

Today Tina switched to assisting Jim, and I think it’s a better fit all around. I think she thought it was too until she got a bit blood splattered, and then it was a little less cool. But regardless, big ups to her for diving in!

Today was a really warm day in the morning, then, just like yesterday we had thunderstorms in the afternoon with a lot of rain. I have never been so thankful for rain before. While I knew that it would thwart my dip in the ocean on arrival back home, and that it would make our drive down the mountain just that much longer and tedious, it was a cool rain with a cool breeze. And that felt GOOD! Well, good to all except Jim and whomever was helping him get the tent up over the generator. No generator means much more difficult work. So I’m also thankful for Jim getting soaked to get the tarps in order. Also on my list while I’m feeling thanky is Preacher, who again did a stellar job getting us to and from the Maroontown clinic safely.

Today in the clinic things seemed to go really well. Greg and I saw 16 patients, did 16 extractions and 6 (I think, fillings) All in all a great day. We got into each others grooves a bit more, and the time just seemed to fly by. In total the clinic saw around 50 or so patients, that makes our total just above a hundred for the first two days. Heck yeah.!

Right now the steel drum band is playing “Tonight’s Gonna Be A Good Night” and I think they’re right!

Quote of the day:

Tina – “I’m not going to be a statistic!” Said while walking down wet, slick terra cotta steps in strappy heels. In reference to the fact that there have been two people on the project so far that have seriously busted ass on slippery terra cotta surfaces.

Cheers to tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment